So this is one of the few days where I get off of class early.. so here I am blogging, hunkered over a bowl of Cocoa Puffs (I'm hungry all the time - no joke).
I'm taking 10 classes, but they're all equivalent to about 22 or so units, so I think it balances out. Doctoring (a lot of the extended bullshit about teamwork from orientation), Radiology, Behavior, Cell Structure and Function (and lab), Veterinary Ethics and Law (they actually have a lawyer come in to lecture us), Physiological Chemistry, Anatomy and Locomotion (and lab. I get my dead dog to dissect on Friday)... and I can't remember what else. That may be all. I also have a test every Monday except for one Monday in October.
Anyway, my day at school is typically from 9-5. The schedule changes everyday so I'm constantly relying on my planner and iCal.
In a nutshell, I love my Mac, get a webcam so I can see you. I bike 2 miles to school everyday and arrive extremely sweaty because my free bike is very slow (not that I'm complaining) and there's nothing wrong with the gears (I took it to the bike shop today). I study a little bit everyday and when I don't I freak out. I'm tired everyday and feel much better when I look at the faces of my classmates, who are also exhausted. But it also makes me think, damn do I look that shitty? I'm helping coordinate an ultimate frisbee IM team among the vet students and plan on doing some soccer pick-up games.. sounds pretty white, I know. I live with two other vet students - one is really weird like me and the other one is nice and a bit more mature than we are.
I'm probably taking on way too much - I'm a member of the Wildlife and Aquatics Club, Behavior Medicine Club, Emergency & Critical Care Club, Veterinary Business Association, and.. maybe Avian and Exotics? Shit, I just realized how many that was. I also joined colic team (go into the teaching hospital for 2 6 hour shifts to help/watch with the horses that come in with colic) and CAPE treatment team (two 2 week commitments at the avian/exotics part of the hospital). I've done a feral cat spay/neuter clinic and free exam/vaccination clinic for homeless people's pets. I skipped another clinic this past weekend because I was sick.. blows. There's also a Raptor Center volunteer orientation next week and I'm meeting with one of the professors here to talk to her about wildlife medicine/research.
.. and I'm having fun! But I don't anticipate much sleep. And anticipate much illness.
Oh, and apparently our class already has a reputation for being party animals.. except I don't go to any parties. Only to bars and even then I leave early.
All of this sounds so egocentric. Hopefully not many people read this anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
jesus. you're doing a lot, and you say that I TAKE ON TOO MUCH. bullshit. lol i'm glad you're having fun and being white and the awesome animal girl you are.
Are you ignoring the most important animal group? COWS? Why are you so racist against them?
I actually just joined FARM Club/calf team :D
Post a Comment