Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm still gorging on dinner

.. just kidding.

Here is a poor excuse for an update - I pretty much copied and pasted an email I wrote two days ago.

I mailed a package. I mailed it through one of these fancy machines where you weigh it and it prints out a label for you to stick on it.. then you just shove it in a mailbox. I was super impressed. A little kid was staring at me while I was waiting in line.. it freaks me out when they do that.

I just finished my veterinary ethics paper. In the beginning I had decided that I was going to make it fucking awesome but now I don't really give a shit. Also, I've heard the professor likes it when we quote him (one of the required texts was a book he wrote) so I added more of his quotes to pacify him in case he doesn't like how I ramble on and on about wildlife. Speaking of wildlife, I got a shift at the Raptor Center here. I'm pretty excited because I could only take a weekend shift and the only way to get a shift is to pretty much wait for someone to quit or get eaten by a velociraptor. I wonder if I would want to work with dinosaurs if they still existed.. hmm. Dinosaur Vet: Dr. Lo.

I have my make-up oral exam for Cardio Anatomy (the one I failed) on Thursday. I'm kind of nervous but I just really want to get it over with.

Whitt and I hung out on Friday night and watched Tremors, Anaconda, and The Gingerdead Man. I also treated her to Indian food because her birthday was before winter break. We also had two kinds of beer from Trader Joe's which was pretty good (not Simpler Times, sorry to say). I drank 1.5. She drank 5. We also burped really loudly. I think what prevented it from being a guy's night was the fact that we ended up watching Gilmore Girls because The Gingerdead Man was TERRIBLE. OMFG. I thought it would at least be idiotic/stupid/bad to the point that it'd be enjoyable, but it was just plain bad. Plus, his face scares me. If I had watched it while high, I think I would have gone INSANE. I'll have to recite the plot to you next time we talk. Jesus, what a piece of shit. Apparently The Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust got higher ratings.

We got to cut open sheep brains today. They warned us about getting scrapies, which is some sort of mad sheep disease. I think I'll be fine though. I still don't know what to think about my neurology professor because he's kind of funny but kind of a creeper. I think he can get away with being creepy because he's openly "inappropriate" and has an Australian accent, which may disguise some of the creepiness.

My friend is working with a woman who is starting up her own business in selling baby clothes. She wants to name one store "Goo Goo" and another store "Ga Ga." If she were really Asian she'd name it "Your Little Good Friend." I suggest "Clothing Your Parasite."

No comments: